Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ramblings of a Wannabe Writer Commence

just some ramblings from trying to get back into the swing of writing again:

The creek where they grew up beckons tirelessly because he no longer answers the call. She's been waiting there hoping for something better than her life has to offer now, someone better. Someone that's like him, but not him. She needs a gentle soul that doesn't know who she is or what she's been through. Someone that doesn't see how tainted she is, how different she was back then. Someone that looks like him and smells like him and treats her the way he used to. Because he's not that guy anymore.

This place calms her like no other. The smell that permeates this meadow is indescribable. It brings her back to a better time, to a simpler time. The illusion is intoxicating. The idea that she can stay in this place forever crosses her mind as she sits. She could simply let the creek overtake her, let the water run through her veins until her heart no longer beats for him. It would be easy to allow this place to have her. Because if he does not want her, this may be the only other place that does.

and here it is september again
it's like no time has passed at all
the wounds are just as fresh today
and the tears they want to fall.

it's been eleven years this time
its crazy so much time has passed
it seems like just yesterday
we knew the day was our last.

the world is so different
life is almost too hard without you
i need you to confort me, to laugh with me
but those days are definitely through.

I can still see your smile in my mind
I can almost hear your voice, smell your cologne,
almost is too much for me sometimes
I feel so devastatingly alone.

Call me from heaven
God must at least have a phone
I want to see you, to hear you, ask you
I have too many questions ________?

No comments:

Post a Comment