Monday, January 16, 2012

untangling the web

The concept of time is something that I can no more put out of my mind than I can erase, or escape it.  Memories are remnants of this time, and as those memories fade, I am left to wonder if time itself does not fade, and eventually cease to exist.  We wake up and we live each day and we go through the seconds and minutes and hours as if they are nothing, but once we live them, and cease to remember them, do they themselves fade away?

And as I stood there today, realizing that everything that we ever had was gone, I smiled.  I reveled in the fact that he no longer existed there, that maybe we no longer had to exist either.  All that remains of us is the fact that we have both found our way here.  I understand what here means to me, although I'm not really sure where or what here actually is.  What it is for him, I don't really care.  Because even though it is here for him, it doesn't have to be here for me anymore.  I have finally escaped the tangled web we chose to weave all of those years ago, and I feel confident in the fact that I am better for it.

Fate is for the believers, destiny is for the lovers... somehow I find myself somewhere in between these.  Locked between fate and destiny and believing and loving.  You would be amazed by the amount of lies that exist in this space.  So, I wonder if I can believe in that happy ending, or simply bask in the utter lunacy of it.

1 comment: